Thursday, December 2, 2010

Many Moons

This past week has been a rough one. For the past few months I've been feeling really pessimistic about death. It's just a thing that happens, and it's sad but ya know whatever pass me the chips.

In the past I watched the way the murder of a friend tear apart a village. I survived a best friend being murdered, and watched how the grief destroyed friendships. Two separate occasions within one year. It was if the world had turned upside down, and nothing, nothing made sense to me anymore.

Watching people in their eighties pass away seemed so normal, and less emotional. So when friends Grandparents passed away, it was sad, but it didn't move me the same. It was as if watching wonderful people die in their early twenties ruined my perception.

This mentality came to a screeching halt when my dearest Grandmother fell ill. Within two weeks of being diagnosed she was gone.

She was the sweetest lady in our town, and everyone loved her.

Her funeral packed our tiny little church. Friends and family came from everywhere to show their support. The amount of love shown by all was immense and regardless of the circumstances, it was amazing to see my family together after so many years apart.

Sometimes it takes a tragedy to bring everyone together again. I've never been so proud to be a part of my family before <3

May the road rise to meet you
May the winds always be at your back
May the sun shine warm upon your face
The rains fall soft upon your fields and
Until we meet again
May God hold you in the palm of His hands






No comments:

Post a Comment